The aim of this program is to equip x10 students to know and acquaint themselves with the underlying principles of all of the key areas which have anything to do with distribution within the Wholesale & Retail sector, thus helping them to become more effective employees.
Reference Code: SAB-ZA-24432
Key Purpose Statement
This Certificate offers learners with an understanding in all areas of Distribution.
This may help them not only to increase their productivity within the Wholesale and Retail Sector but also to apply their learning in many other business environments.
– Matric, a tertiary qualification in Logistics, Supply Chain or Commercial or equivalent will be an added advantage.
– Should not be employed and should be aged between 18 and 35.
– Computer literate.
– SAP literacy advantageous.
– Good interpersonal skills/builds good relationships.
– Able to work under pressure.
– Good verbal and communication skills.
– Good self-management principles.
– Able to adapt to change well.
– Lives the values of the organization.
– Good numerical ability.
Output and Accountabilities
Effective Fleet management:
– Conduct pre-trip inspections before the start of each shift using the forklift inspection checklist.
– Make sure that the forklift is operated and maintained in optimal condition.
– Make sure that fuel and fluids are at accepted operating levels.
Compliance with the health, safety and environmental standards
– Department of labour stacking exemptions are followed.
– Site housekeeping standards maintained and complied with.
– Appropriate personal protective equipment used as stipulated by site safety standards.
Effective stock quality management:
– Warehouse stock age standards maintained by making sure stock rotation principles are implemented
– Ensures quality control through checking packaging on warehouse floor and before loading.
Effective inventory management:
– Being involved in handover process before and after every shift
– Accurate daily stock count performed using handheld device.
– Generate variance report in SAP and resolve discrepancies.
– Maintain clear and effective communication with inventory manager, controller and supervisor.
Accurate checking, loading and unloading of vehicles
– Load summary used to load correct quantities of split and full pallets.
– Shipments status updated in SAP.
– Efficient loading and unloading of vehicles.
– Maintain clear and effective communication with warehouse controller and other warehouse employees.
– All documentation accurately and comprehensively completed.
Ensure production continuity (where applicable):
– Load empties and raw materials onto production lines whilst ensuring optimal productivity.
– Remove and stack finished product from the line to bin also whilst making sure that the optimal line productivity.
– Conversant and relevant business information, policies, processes and procedures.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management has the right to use additional / relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
Please note: This is a learnership and is a fixed-term contract position. Interested applicants should please apply online www.sabcareers.co.za before 5 june 2020
Employment Type: Learnership